Saturday, August 1, 2009

Watermelon lessons

How delicious is watermelon. Taking my time I feel the little bits of water explode and tickle my tonge with the crisp taste, to really eat a watermelon I don't know if I have every really eaten one like I eat them now.
Life is teaching me a new lesson every moment over and over again. Can I be present enough to see the lesson? and remember what I am learning?
From Roman (who went back to Florida the past weekend) I learned that life is absolutely hilarious pretty much all the time and in almost every situation I seem to encounter, especially here at Kali Yoga, I just want to laugh my face off. and I do.
From the Buddha I have learned to realize and actually know that I am a collection of subatomic particles dancing and flashing in and out of existance trillions of times each second. If I sit still enough I can feel it happening.
From The China Study- I learned that as Americans we spend far more, per capita, on health care than any other society in the world, and yet 2/3 of Americans are overweight, and more than 15 million Americans have diabetes. Half of all Americans have a health problem that "requires" taking a prescription every week, and more than 100 million Americans have high cholesterol. 1/3 of the children in America are overweight or at risk of becoming...Children are now taking more prescription drugs than ever before. -T Colin Campbell. I love hard scientific proof from a big western scientics showing that the vegan diet is the healthiest.

Another of Buddhas teaching brings the word Tanha- literally thirst- the insatiable longing for what is not, which implies an equal and irremediable dissatisfaction for what is.

I am thinking about going to Plum Village in France to visit Thich Nhat Hanh.

No comments:

Post a Comment