Thursday, September 10, 2009

I don't know why you say hello...I say goodbye...

It's amazing how adaptable human beings can be to different situations, places, environments, and so on. It's funny how easy it is for me to start to get really comfortable in a place and start to spread my roots, maybe it's the Taurus in me. Anyway, I am so fortunate to have found Orgiva, I love it so much. It's like my home away from home. I feel like if I every fuck up or get sick or robbed or something I have a place to go back to where I can be nurtured back to health, without flying half-way across the world to Colorado. Leaving Kali 2 days ago was tough...bittersweet almost. It's good for me to keep moving or I know I could so easily get stuck in a place like Orgiva. Saying goodbye is something I am getting used to again, which doesn't make it much easier but I left a suitcase and some hoops there at a friends house so I know I will be back.
The lesions I will take away from Kali are priceless. The friends I made during my 3 months in Andalusia are friends for life. The shift in my life that occurred while in the womb-like security have given me a spark that I have never known before.
Last week after I realized it was time to go I found a Backpackers hostal in Kenya that would take me to work-trade with them for the next couple of months, on a little beach in the south of the country called Diani beach... So I bought my plane ticket, packed up and left Kali. All was running smooth until I recieved an email last night while in Granada, from the owner of the Backpackers I am supposed to be headed for on Saturday telling me that things have changed and now he can only use my assistance for 2 weeks. Ok...so I am flying really far from where I am and where I have become so safe and comfortable to work in trade for living conditions...no pay, for 2 weeks. I am really being tested right now and I have a feeling this is only the first problem. So now I go to Kenya. I have no idea what the next step will be but I am learning more and more every day and every step. I am learning to trust in the universe, I am learning to pay close attention to the step I am currently on instead of focusing on the one before me, and I am learning to use my yoga off the mat and in my life when something big happens that is not what I had planned.
More Change, curve ball, me thinking I was but a leave on the stream of life and flowing gently down the stream. Now I am more like swimming up-stream.
Scary concept for most people. Myself included. I am resistant to change and I can see it. This is why I am being forced to deal with very big changes in my life so that this resistance may melt and I can be open and accepting of change. It is all preparation for bigger changes in my life, my consciousness, and the world.
So I sit here from a computer at a friends house in Madrid, almost completely ok with the fact that I am going to Africa by myself in less that 48 hours, for a job that will only last 2 weeks, with very little money (after spending half of what I earned all summer on the plane ticket). I have something important to learn, see, do and maybe teach and heal in Africa... so I will keep you all informed along the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment