Monday, September 14, 2009

safari anyone?

I arrived Sunday morning....at 4am exhausted...totally beat...knackered even...I was met at the airport by my young Kenyan host called Samuel who I found through couchsurfing.com. After taking a few matatus, like mini busses with loads of really loud American hip/hop music and big screen tvs playing old school Biggie videos...wait where I am...we arrived in the neighborhood of Samuel which is in a small shanty village called kayole on the outskirst of Nairobi...pics soon to come...I spent the half the day sleeping of my airline hangover and then the rest of the day hooping with the local kids...more pics soon to come. Nairobi is big and intense and wow really really Africa, everything you could imagine and so much more. This morning we, myself and the English couchsurfer staying in the house of Samuel, were taken to a Christian Camp if you will...the experiance of them inviting us into there camp showing us around and us politely explaning that we where in no way interested in supporting "Christian crusades" ws interesting to say the very least. Thank god, forgiving the irony, that I was with Beni as the English boy is called, who knows what I would have done without another person there to see the insanity of the whole situation. I mean I am down with eraticating poverty and all, and this is what they kept insisting was their goal, but in the tour of the place I saw no real plan other than signing people up to be Christians and open a back account in to deposit their money...in exchange for a piece of bread and a promise of salvation....hmmmm...Anyway manage to escape that one without too much embarasment or harrasment. So we came into the town center to exchange some money and to look for sunglasses and Beni and I ended up signing up for a 3 day safari in the masai mara park in East Kenya...will be back to civilazation and heading to Diani beach on Friday...one love...

No comments:

Post a Comment